Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Movies

I like watching movies, especially with my friends. This will be a short part of the list, though, since working at Target has had a direct impact on the size of my DVD collection. I'd see DVDs at work that I'd like, notice that, especially new releases, they are marked down significantly from the usual price, and, coupled with my 10% discount, I had to buy them. Anyway, here's a list of the movies that I don't have yet, probably because they just recently came out, or I made a mental note to reserve such-and-such movie for my wishlist.

The Star Wars Trilogy - Last year, Lucas film released the Star Wars Trilogy on DVD, and I decided that I didn't want it. I was never really happy with a lot of the extra tweaks and changes done in the Special Edition compared to the original, and I really hated the way the prequels were shoved in to sync with the original. I don't think the two trilogies mesh together very well, and, from what I've read, the "Ultimate Edition" edits on the DVDs prove that point. So, why am I asking for them now? Simply because, for a limited time only (read - If I don't get one for Christmas, they'll probably be all gone) they will come with the original "Han Shot First" versions of the films. Direct copies of the theatrical releases, transfered over to DVD for my viewing pleasure. THESE are really what I want. The "ultimate editions" will serve as an interesting little footnote aside the classics.

The Boondocks, Season 1 - A cartoon based on the newspaper comic strip, its about two young black boys out of Chicago who move with their grandpa into a rich white suburban community. It's a blatantly political work, and really pretty funny, too. I love watching it, and would love to have it on DVD so I could call up my favorite episodes.

More to come, I'm sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home